Customs regulations Ukraine
Without payment of customs charges it shall be permitted within 15 days to ship to the address of one addressee from one sender items for personal use and non-commercial goods the total cost of which does not exceed EUR 150 and of total weight of 30 kilograms.
Free of charge
Products (except excisable) that are transported (sent) to the address of one addressee (business entity or natural person) in one dispatch from one sender in the international postal item if its total invoice value does not exceed EUR 150, shall not be subject to customs charges. (Paragraph six of Article 374 of the Law No. 1201-VII of 10.04.2014).
Charges shall be accrued
Products (except excisable) that are sent in the international postal item the total invoice value of which exceeds EURO 150 but does not exceed EUR 10,000, or sent without observance of terms stipulated in paragraph five of this Article, shall be subject to written declaring according to the procedure established for the citizens and shall be subject to import duties at the rate of 10 percent and subject to value added tax at the rate of 20% established by the Tax Code of Ukraine. The grounds of taxation for such products shall be the part of their total invoice value that exceeds EUR 150. (Paragraph seven of Article 374 of the Customs Code of Ukraine as amended by the Law No. 1201-VII of 10.04.2014).
Prohibitions and restrictions
Prohibitions and restrictions on transportation of particular types of products in the international postal items
1. It shall be prohibited in the international postal items to transport:
- products prohibited by the Customs Code of Ukraine and other legislative instruments of Ukraine to import to the customs territory of Ukraine or export from this territory, accordingly;
- products sent with violation of the customs regulations;
- products in respect of which there are no authorization documents in case of application of measures of non-tariff regulation of the international economic activity;
- products that upon the results of carried out types of inspection, stated in paragraph one of Article 319* of the Customs Code of Ukraine, shall not pass through the customs of Ukraine;
- products (cloths, shoes, etc.) which were in use and are not cleaned, which due to its characteristics may be dangerous for the employees of post, without documents of carried out fumigation;
- products subjects to groups 1-24 of Ukrainian classification of products of the International Economic Activity, sent to the citizens address, except the food products with total weight not exceeding 10 kilograms in the original package.
2. Transportation of products in the international postal items, which are prohibited according to the acts of Universal Postal Unit, shall be prohibited, as well as products sent with violation of the requirements of regulatory acts on provision of postal services.
3. Disposal of products, which are prohibited and/or restricted in the international postal items, shall be carried out according to the legislation of Ukraine.
* Paragraph one of Article 319 of the Customs Code of Ukraine
It is prohibited to ship in packages
- Fire, signal, air, gas weapon, ammunition, cold weapon (including missile), electric strikes, spark arresters and key part of fire weapons
- Drugs and addictive drugs of any origin, psychotropic substances
- Radioactive substances
- Mercury thermometer, carbonic ice
- Gunpowder, explosive, caustic, highly flammable and other dangerous agents
- Medicines, food additives, vitamins
- Live animals, plants and seeds
- Spirits, cigarettes
- Human bones and organs
- Jewelleries, precious metals and stones
- Wastes and ferrous and non-ferrous scrap metals, hazardous waste, ozone-destroying substances
- Works of art and pictures
- Money and monetary documents in any form: payment instructions, checks, vouchers, securities, bonds, warrants, shares, credit cards
- Permissions for weapon-bearing, employment record books, service record books, identity documents
- Articles and publications of indecent character and content, pornography of any type
- Products subjects to groups 1-24 of Ukrainian classification of products of the International Economic Activity, sent to the citizens address, except the food products with total weight not exceeding 10 kilograms in the original package.
- Other products prohibited according to the acts of Universal Postal Union and customs legislation of Ukraine.
A postal item must be packed in compliance with the parameters and qualities of the content to ensure provide its safety during transportation. The package must correspond to its content and weight.
Packages subject to transportation must be dry, clean and without external damages and with access to the content.
In order to insure safety of the content, package size must be observed, the content must be closely packed without any free space.
Various contents (glass, paper, etc.) that can cause damage to each other must be packed in different containers.
Glass, plastic and other containers, which have liquid/ friable content, must be vacuum-packed and protected from pouring out.
It is necessary to tape the edges of package with scotch tape to prevent access to the content of the package.
If you are not sure about the correctness of package, you can count on us. We will pack your postal item with observance of all packing rules.
What data must be indicated to ship a package?
For the postal items it is necessary to indicate details of sender (surname, name, address, telephone number), details of addressee (surname, name, address, telephone number). Information about package: content, number of each item, cost.
What are the restrictions on shipping postal items?
The postal items subject to transportation shall not have the commercial content, prohibited articles and shall not exceed the following parameters:
- maximum size from Germany: 60*60*120 cm
- maximum size from EU: 45*45*90 cm
- maximum weight: 30 kg
What will be the cost of package to avoid customs charges?
Products (except excisable) that are moved (sent) to the address of one addressee (business entity or natural person) in one dispatch from one sender in the international postal item if its total invoice value does not exceed EUR 150, shall not be subject to any customs charges. (The Customs Code of Ukraine, Article 234, amendments of April 10, 2014).
What documents must be provided to receive postal item?
The postal items will be delivered to the addressee upon his/her presentation of identity document.
Who can receive postal items except the addressee?
The postal items sent to natural persons can be received by the authorized person under the power of attorney executed according to the procedure established by the legislation.
The postal items sent to business entities will be delivered to its representatives under the power of attorney executed according to the established procedure.
Who must certify the power of attorney for the receipt of the package?
The power of attorney for the receipt of the package must be certified by notary, officer of organization at which the principal is working or studying, staying in inpatient treatment or at the place of his/her residence.
If the addressee is out, can a family member receive the package upon door-to-door delivery?
Yes, he/she can. If the addressee is absent at the moment of delivery, the package will be delivered to the family member of full age upon presentation of identity document and document confirming family ties with the addressee (birth certificate, marriage certificate, etc.).
What is the procedure of package receipt by the underage person?
The postal items addressed to the underage or disabled persons will be delivered to their legal representatives upon presentation of respective documents, documents confirming family ties or decision of custody and guardianship agency.
Can the addressee pay for the delivery service, not the sender?
Postal services will be paid upon the order thereof in national currency under the current tariffs. (Resolution of the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine “Rules of postal services provision” of 05.03.09 No. 270, paragraph 75).
Is it possible to return (recall) the package?
Yes, it is. The sender of the postal item can recall it from the post, change or correct its address. (Acts of Universal Postal Union).
Is it possible to refuse from the receipt of postal item?
Yes, it is possible. The addressee can refuse from the receipt of postal item. Such postal items will be sent to the return address. (Resolution of the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine “Rules of postal services provision” of 05.03.09 No. 270, paragraph 114).
If the name of street (building number, city/town/village) is indicated incorrectly, will the package be delivered to the addressee?
The postal items, if it is impossible to deliver them to the addressee because of incorrectly indicated address or absence thereof (washed away, torn off or otherwise damaged) and under other circumstances, which prevent the postal service operator from performance of obligations on postal items delivery, will be returned to the sender. (Resolution of the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine “Rules of postal services provision” of 05.03.09 No. 270, paragraph 117).
Must the sender pay for the package not delivered to the addressee?
If the postal items are returned to the sender, the fee will be charged according to the established tariffs. (Resolution of the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine “Rules of postal services provision” of 05.03.09 No. 270, paragraph 119).
In what way the package must be packed?
A postal item must be packed in compliance with the parameters and qualities of the content to ensure its safety during transportation.
Packages subjects to transportation must be dry, clean and without external damages. Glass, plastic and other containers with liquid/friable content, must be vacuum-packed and protected from pouring out.
How long the package is kept at storage?
If the package was not claimed by the addressee at the storage of the representative office within 10 days, it will be returned to the central storage.
Is it necessary to pay for the package keeping at the storage?
The package will be kept charge-free at the storage within 10 days upon shipping. When the package is kept at the storage for more than 10 days, the sum in the amount of 10% of the transportation cost will be paid for each extra day of keeping.